The first time you used QuantShare, you certainly noticed that it takes a good amount of time to download the complete historical end-of-day data for all your stocks. This is particularly true, if you are trading the U.S. market where no less than 8000 stocks are listed on the different stock exchanges.
Once EOD history data is downloaded, parsed and saved into your computer, you would want to keep your database up-to-date, and you want to do it quickly.
There is an easy way to do that.
You should use some other types of downloaders; the ones that retrieve data by date instead of "symbol".
Steps: (Using Yahoo Downloader; It works with U.S. as well as several other international stock markets)
- Download one of the following trading items: Daily Stock Quotes - Stock Market EOD Data, Daily Stock Quotes for more than 50 Stock Exchanges
- Install it then open the download manager by selecting "Download" then "Download Manager"
- Select "Daily Stock Quotes" item (the name of the first downloader) then click on the "Open selected downloader" button
- Select all symbols (remove any conditions from the symbols selection control located under "Symbols" tab)
- Click on "Start Downloading"
The above downloaders get data for the last trading day only.
If you have missed one or several days then you can quickly get the missing data by using: (U.S. Market)
Daily US Stocks Data
You can automate the downloading process by following the how-to article:
How to automate the data downloading process