A formula contains one or several indicators and functions. A formula is used to plot time-series on a chart, create composites/market indicators, screens or backtest trading systems.
A formula should be implemented using the QuantShare language.
To update a chart formula:
- Right click on a chart
- Select "Edit Formula" to open the formula editor
a = rsi(14) - rsi(2);
plot(a, "RSI", colorGreen);
The above formula calculates then plots the difference between two relative strength index indicators with two different periods.
To save a formula, select "File" then "Save Formula".
To display a list of formulas:
- Select "View" in the main menu then click on "Formulas"
- The "Formulas" form displays all formulas that are stored under the selected folder
- Double click on a formula to add it to a chart
- Right click on a formula to open a menu
It is also possible to open a formula directly from the formula editor control:
- Click on the "Folder+" icon/button (Next to Add Indicator/Method)
- Select "Load Formula"
Note that the formula editor control is shared by many plug-ins including the charting, screening, composites and simulator plug-in.