How to copy a trading item
Updated on 2012-08-03 10:52:53
There are several ways to copy trading items (watchlists, screens, trading systems, composites, scripts, prediction items, optimize items, saved charts...)
Some plug-ins, such as the simulator or optimizer, offer a "Save As" button that allows you to create a copy of an existing trading items.
A solution that works for all trading items:
- Click on the "Manage" button of a trading item type
For instance, in the simulator, you can find the "Manage" button here:
- Rename the trading item you want to copy (click on it then type a new name)
- Click on "Tools" menu then select "Import Items from another Account"
- Select the current account then click on "Next"
- Check the trading item you want to copy then click on "Finish"
- When QuantShare asks you if you want to replace the current item, select "Yes"
- You just copied one trading item
Another solution would be to download the item again from the sharing server. This of course only applies if the item you want to copy was downloaded from the sharing server.