How to plot the relative performance of several stocks/indices
Updated on 2012-01-05 04:42:13
The relative performance is calculated to show how a stock is performing relative to its index, industry, sector or another stock. It can also be calculated to compare several assets (Stocks, ETFs, Forex pairs, commodities, futures...)
- Go to the following page Relative Performance/Return Chart - Compare Several Assets/Stocks
- Click on "Download" to get this trading item (trading indicator)
- Double click on the downloaded file to open it in QuantShare then follow the instructions to install it
- In a chart, click on the first icon to add a new indicator
- Select "All Indicators" tab then type "CompareAssets"
- In "Param" grid, type the stocks or indices you want to compare (separated by a semi-colon)
- Next to "Date" parameter, specify the reference or base date (The relative performance calculation will start on that date)
- Click on "OK" to add the relative performance indicator
Here is how to measure the relative performance of other assets:
- In the same chart, click on the third icon then select "CompareAssets"
- Update the "assets" and/or "date" fields
How to display the indicator formula:
- Select "Tools" then "Create Functions"
- Select "CompareAssets" to display the indicator formula (Implemented in CSharp)