How to plot the number of stock tweets per day
Updated on 2011-12-10 04:05:54
This lesson will show you how to plot the number of tweets per day for a particular stock. Tweets data is downloaded from twitter by using the following item: StockTwits. To get currency pairs tweets use Forex Tweets.
- Download the above downloader from QuantShare Sharing Server
- In the main menu of QS Trading Software, select "Download" then "Download Manager"
- Select "StockTwits" item then click on "Open Selected Downloader"
- Specify one or several stocks then click on "Start Downloading" (Click 'Yes' when the application prompts you to create a new custom intraday database)
- When the downloading process is completed, close the "Download Manager" control
- Open a new chart and select a stock you have previously used in the downloader
- Create a new pane by right clicking on the chart then selecting "Create new pane"
- In the new pane, click on the first icon to add a new indicator
- Select "Databases / Fields" tab
- Select "stocktwits" database, "title" field then click on "OK"
- Make sure that your quotes database is up-to-date.
- The values on the chart above the stock tweets line were plotted by adding the following function: (Right click on the chart then "Edit Formula")
PlotSymbol(a, a, 0, 0, AboveHigh, colorRed, colorRed, PlotSymbolNone);
// a = GetDataCount("stocktwits", "title");
Here is how to increase or decrease the number of tweets to download per stock:
- Select the download item (Download Manager)
- Click on "Update"
- Click on "2 Field(s)" button
- Update the value of "rpp". Set it to a higher value to download more stock tweets.