How to add future bars to plan for market scenarios
Updated on 2011-12-03 03:05:07
Adding future bars allows you to add extra bars to the right of the chart and get more space for drawing and planning future market scenarios.
There are two ways to add future bars:
- At the bottom of a chart, click on the icon, next to zoom in/out, then select "Set Future Bars"
- Type the number of trading bars then click on "OK".
- Right click on a chart; select "Tools" then click on "Set Future Bars"
- Type the number of bars then click on "OK".
To remove these extra bars on a chart:
- Perform one the above steps then set the number of bars to zero.
To add extra bars to the default chart (layout):
- Select "View" then "New Chart"
- Perform one the above steps and add some future bars
- Right click on the chart, select "Layout" then "Set current layout as default"
Trading Market Example:
Estimate the future date of a crossover between the support and resistance lines.
Notice that the last trading bar occurred on November 30, 2011 and that the crossover will occur after 16 days on December 16, 2011.