How to download EOD quotes for active and valid stocks only
Updated on 2012-01-24 04:07:44
The aim is to speed up the downloading process by making requests to active and valid stocks only (valid symbols).
First, you should use your downloader to retrieve quotes for all stocks or securities in your database.
After the first download, you may notice that your downloader did not retrieve data for several stocks. In the next download, we would want to ignore these stocks.
You may also notice that there are no new data for some stocks. We also want to discard these inactive stocks in the next downloading process.
- Select "Download" then "Download Manager"
- Select your end-of-day data downloader (Example: Historical Stock Market Data)
- Open the downloader by clicking on "Open Selected Downloader"
- Select "Symbols" tab, clear all conditions then add a new "Quotes" condition
- Under "Values" column, select "Date of last quote"
- Select a "From" and "To" dates. Example: 20/01/2012 and 24/01/2012
- Click on "Start Downloading" to get new quotes for stocks that already have data between the 20 and 24 January 2012.
This how-to article applies to EOD downloaders only.