How to associate an index with a list of stocks
Updated on 2011-12-21 04:18:48
Imagine you have a list of 100 stocks that belongs to the S&P 100 Index and you want to associate that index to these stocks in QuantShare. Easy, just follow the next steps.
- Select "Symbol" then "Categories"
- Select "Indices" tab, type "S&P100", click on "Add" then close this form
- Select "Symbol" then "Manage Symbols"
- Click on "Select Symbols" button
- In the new control, add a "Custom Symbols" condition then click on the cell under "Values" column
- Enter you list of stocks (one symbol per line) then click on "OK"
- Right click on a cell under the "Index" column then click on "Select All"
- At the top of the control, next to "Update select cells", type "|S&P100" then click on "Append"
Note that you can specify several indices for a stock simply by separating them with '|' character.
To reference the S&P 100 Index in a trading system, portfolio or composite, open the "Symbols Filter" control (Example: Symbol -> Symbol View -> Right Click -> Create a new Symbols Filter)
- Click on "Add a condition" then select "Index"
- Double click on "Values" cell then check "S&P100".