How to use QuantShare with Metastock data
Updated on 2012-07-13 11:27:15
If you have a Metastock database, you can instruct QuantShare to read data from your Metastock folders. If you don't have one, go here and download one (Available data: Commodities, Major Currencies, Indices, Money Market, LME Metals, U.S. stocks, Japan, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Macro-economy).
QuantShare supports the different formats of Metastock files. It also supports both end-of-day and intraday data.
- In the main menu, select "Download" then "External Database"
- Check "Metastock database" then click on "Settings"
- Click on "Folder" and add as many Metastock folders as you want. QuantShare can read Master, EMaster and XMaster files.
- When you finish adding folders, click on "OK" to save result
- Configure the external database in the "External Database Settings" form. You can for example instruct QuantShare to add Metastock symbols to your QuantShare symbols list.
- Click on "OK" twice
Now each time you open a chart, run a simulation or perform an analysis, QuantShare will read quotes from your Metastock database instead of QuantShare database.
NB: In order to recognize which symbols (stocks, ETFs, futures...) were added from Metastock folders, QuantShare trading software creates a new index called "Metastock" and associates all new symbols to that index. Later you can modify or remove these symbols very easily.