This is a trading item or a component that was created using QuantShare by one of our members.
This item can be downloaded and used by QuantShare Trading Software.
Trading items are of different types. There are data downloaders, trading indicators, trading systems, watchlists, composites/indices...
You can use this item and hundreds of others for free by downloading QuantShare.
Top Reasons Why You Should Use QuantShare:
Works with US and international markets (stock, forex, options, futures, ETF...)
Offers you the tools that will help you become a profitable trader
Allows you to implement any trading ideas
Exchange items and ideas with other QuantShare users
Our support team is very responsive and will answer any of your questions
We will implement any features you suggest
Very low price and much more features than the majority of other trading software
For Free - No Credit Card Required
Market Timing Rules - Used to construct profitable trading strategies
The indicators are transformed by the PercentRank function, then a market indicator is created for each one of them. Each market indicator is then added as a buy rule in a basic trading system to see its impact on the strategy results. The example provided in the blog post shows how, by adding a single market rule, a strategy that have a low 4.23% annual return was turned into a highly profitable strategy that have an annual return of 47.2% and a low drawdown of -13.09%.
Here are some examples of indicators you can find in this list:
- Number of times price is higher than yesterday's price during the previous 30 trading bars
- Number of times price is higher than its 10-Bar moving average during the previous 20 bars
- Sum of the 30 previous values of the 14-Bar Relative strength index
- Number of instances, in the last 30 bars, where the price closed below the open price
- Sum of the previous 30 instances of the low to high ratio