This is a trading item or a component that was created using QuantShare by one of our members.
This item can be downloaded and used by QuantShare Trading Software.
Trading items are of different types. There are data downloaders, trading indicators, trading systems, watchlists, composites/indices...
You can use this item and hundreds of others for free by downloading QuantShare.
Top Reasons Why You Should Use QuantShare:
Works with US and international markets (stock, forex, options, futures, ETF...)
Offers you the tools that will help you become a profitable trader
Allows you to implement any trading ideas
Exchange items and ideas with other QuantShare users
Our support team is very responsive and will answer any of your questions
We will implement any features you suggest
Very low price and much more features than the majority of other trading software
This item creates an equal-weighted index given a basket of assets and a reference date. The close, open, high, low and volume fields of the index or composite are constructed based on the weight of each asset on the reference date.
By default, the reference date is set to the beginning of 2008. At that date, the index has a value of 100. On a subsequent date, the close price (or high, open, low, volume) of each asset is divided by the price on the reference/rebalance date, the results are then averaged and assigned to the equal-weighted index.
How to update the list of assets:
- Open the composite tool by selecting "Tools" then "Composites"
- Select the equally weighted index then click on "Update"
- Select your stocks or securities in the "Symbols Filter" control
- Click on "Next" several times to save the composite settings
How to specify the reference date:
- Update the composite
- Click on "Next" then update the first line of the index formula
year1 = 2006;
To set 01/01/2006 as the reference date
How to rename your equally weighted index:
- Click on the button next to the search box (Composites Form)
- Double click on your composite then rename it