1. Symbols Selection
1.1. Symbols selection control
will often need to select certain symbols among the list of all available
· By group: select symbols that belongs to specified groups
· By sector: select symbols that belongs to specified sectors
· By Industry: select symbols that belongs to specified industries
· By Index: select symbols that belongs to specified indexes
· By Market: select symbols that belongs to specified markets
· By Entering symbols (list): click on 'select symbols', then enter manually the symbols you want to include.
· Randomly: type a value from 0 to 100. Zero means select no symbols, and 100 means select all symbols.
· Custom filter: create a custom filter (see custom filter section)
order for a symbol to be selected, it must pass all the filters.
Total symbols: 8000.
Filter1: Random; 50 percent. Number of symbols that passed the filter: 4000.
Number of symbols selected: 4000 symbols.
Filter2: Symbols whose names begin with 'a'. Number of symbols that passed the filter: 700.
Number of symbols selected: 380 symbols.
1.2. Custom Filter
selecting a custom filter, you can use pre-calculated data to filter symbols.
number of drawing objects.
date of last quote
You have to specify the start date and the end date.
active symbols (active)
You have to choose between TRUE or FALSE.
symbol name (name)
You have to enter one or more values. Values are separated by semicolon.
A value can contain the following characters: (multiply *), (point .)
A: select the symbol which name is 'A'.
A*: select symbols whose name start with 'A'.
A.(1 point): select symbols whose names start with 'A' and have only two characters.
A..(2 points): select symbols whose names start with 'A' and have only three characters.
*A*: select symbols whose names contain the character 'A'.
A*;B*: select symbols whose names start with 'A' or 'B'.