How to download new quotes when selecting a chart
Updated on 2012-03-31 04:28:41
When enabled, the Auto-Download Quotes feature will automatically download quotes each time you select a new chart or you change the chart's symbol.
- Select "Download" then click on "Auto-Download Quotes" to enable this feature
- Repeat the previous step to disable it
- Now, select an existing chart or open a new one
- Type a new symbol for the selected chart
If you select "GOOG" (Google Stock) then you will see "Downloading quotes for GOOG..." at the top of the chart.
When the downloading process is complete, you will see something like "Download Complete (5 new bars)".
Here is how it works:
- The tool first detects the symbol for which it will get data
- It searches for the last downloader that was used to get data for the current symbol
- It uses this downloader to get the most recent quotes
- It updates the chart and tells you how many new bars were downloaded
- The auto-download quotes feature works for both end-of-day and intraday charts.
- It will download data for all open charts when the application starts.