How to create a strategy-based portfolio
Updated on 2011-11-30 03:21:20
A strategy-based portfolio allows you to generate buy and sell signals/orders based on a trading system.
- Select "Portfolio" then "Portfolio"
- In the "Portfolio Manager", click on "New"
- Next to "No strategy associated with this portfolio", click on "Create new" to create a new trading system ("click here to associate..." allows you to load an existing trading system)
- In "Update Trading System" control, select "5" as number of positions then click on "Add rule" (under Buy panel) and type the following formula: rsi(14) > 70
For more information: How to create a trading system
- Click on "Update Trading System" then on "Create Portfolio"
- Under "Portfolios", select your new portfolio then click on "Get Signals" to generate new orders (Pending Orders tab)
If you have no existing positions and no pending orders then clicking on "Get Signals" will generate 5 buy orders for stocks or assets whose relative strength index (RSI) is higher than 70.
If you have 5 existing positions in your portfolio then no orders will be generated
If you have 2 existing positions and one pending order then only 2 orders will be generated (in case the portfolio engine finds securities with an RSI higher than 70)