How to generate buy/sell signals from a trading system
Updated on 2011-04-09 05:17:17
Once you create, backtest and approve a trading strategy, it is time to get the different signals (buy, sell, short and cover) that will be generated by your strategy.
The portfolio plug-in generates buy and sell signals from a trading strategy you have previously specified. This tool will take care of the maximum number of positions, cash availability, margin requirements... It can also handle complex money management rules defined in a trading system.
Here is how to create a portfolio based on a trading system:
- In the main menu, select "Portfolio" then click on "Portfolio"
- Click on "New" to create a new portfolio
- Specify the portfolio capital and the maximum number of positions
- In "Strategy" panel, click on "Click here to associated it with a strategy"
- Select your trading system
- Click on "Create Portfolio"
- To generate buy and sell orders from your trading system, click on "Get Signals"
Note that "Signal Date" is automatically updated with the last global date (The last quote date detected by the trading software).
If your trading system is updated or if you need to change the trading system that is associated with your portfolio:
- Update the portfolio
- Click on "Click here to remove this strategy". Confirm the removal.
- Click on "Click here to associate it with a strategy"...