How to quickly select stocks based on the last value of a database field
Updated on 2011-02-15 04:43:38
For numeric database fields, you can instruct the application to take a snapshot each time the database is updated. This means that each time a new data is stored in the database; the application will get the last value of each stock/symbol and saves it in another internal (small) database. This allows you to quickly select symbols based on the last database field value.
- Select "Data" then "Edit Databases".
- Select "Custom", choose one database then select any symbol.
- In the "Field Info" panel, check "Save last numbers" and set the descriptive name of your field. After that, click on "Save".
- In the "Symbols Selection" control, click on "Add a condition", then select your previously updated database.
- Click on the cell under the "Values" column and select your item (Snapshot item).
- You can now select the maximum and minimum values of this field. Only symbols that meet these criteria will be selected.
- Under the field name, you can see the distribution graph of values for all symbols.
You can directly select the minimum value by clicking on the on the upper side of the graph and the maximum value by clicking on the lower side of the distribution graph.
You can manually create databases and inserts data using the CSV Imported or the Scripting tool. Alternatively, you can get ready to use downloaders that automatically create custom databases. Example: Individual Stocks Put and Call Volume.